Trimming Points and Flipping Seams

Posted in

trimBraid It’s Saturday and I’ve finally got the chance to trim the points from the columns for my Pastel Braid quilt that I sewed Thanksgiving weekend.

I used colored plastic strips to stick to my ruler to mark the correct line to I align with the center points so that I cut all the tips exactly the same.

pinSeams The next step is to sew the four columns together, but I discovered a problem. When I was ironing as I sewed the strips into columns, I didn’t pay attention to the direction of the seams. (A quilter usually knows better than that!) I should have alternated, one column with seams up, and the next with seams ironed down.

I tried ironing the seams the opposite direction on one column, but with the tips already trimmed off the stitches are coming out at the ends of the seam. So I am having to pin all my seams (which I hate, I rarely use pins.) flipping the seam allowance on the back as I go. Oh well. It's not like I never had to do that before…

This entry was posted on Saturday, December 04, 2010 and is filed under . You can leave a comment and follow any comments to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment